2021 BMW X3 BMW X3 is, a compact luxury SUV produced by the German automaker BMW. As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the latest available version of the BMW X3 was the 2021 model. However, please note that I might not have information about any updates or changes that might have occurred after that date. Here’s an overview of the 2021 BMW X3:
The 2021 BMW X3 features a sporty and modern design with distinctive BMW styling cues. It has a compact SUV body style, a prominent grille, sleek headlights, and a sculpted profile. The interior offers a luxurious and comfortable cabin with high-quality materials and advanced technology features.
The 2021 BMW X3 is, available in various engine configurations, depending on the specific trim level and market. The engine options may include:
- 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine: This base engine produces around 248 horsepower and is, paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
3.0-liter turbocharged inline-6 engine: This more powerful engine option delivers approximately 382 horsepower and is, also paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV) option: The 2021 X3 was available as a plug-in hybrid variant called the X3 xDrive30e. It combines a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine with an electric motor, providing both performance and electric driving capabilities.
The 2021 BMW X3 offers a range of features, which can vary based on the selected trim level and optional packages. Some notable features and technologies available in the 2021 model include:
- iDrive infotainment system: BMW’s iDrive system provides a user-friendly interface for controlling various vehicle functions, including navigation, media, and connectivity options.
- Advanced driver-assistance systems: The X3 can come equipped with safety features such as adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, blind-spot monitoring, forward collision warning, and automatic emergency braking.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: Integration with these smartphone platforms allows seamless connectivity and access to compatible apps and services.
- Panoramic sunroof: An available panoramic sunroof provides an open and airy feel to the cabin.
- Premium audio systems: The X3 can be equipped with high-quality sound systems from brands like Harman Kardon or Bowers & Wilkins.
What are the standout features of the 2021 BMW X3
The 2021 BMW X3 comes with several standout features that enhance its appeal in the luxury compact SUV segment. Here are some notable features that make the 2021 X3 stand out:
- Driving Dynamics: The BMW X3 is, known for its engaging driving experience. It combines precise handling, responsive steering, and a well-tuned suspension to deliver a sporty yet comfortable ride. The available xDrive all-wheel-drive system enhances traction and stability, especially in challenging road conditions.
- Technology and Connectivity: The 2021 X3 offers advanced technology features that enhance convenience, entertainment, and connectivity. These may include the following:
a. iDrive 7.0 Infotainment System: The X3 is, equipped with BMW’s iDrive 7.0 infotainment system, featuring a high-resolution touchscreen display and a user-friendly interface. It provides access to various functions, such as navigation, media, phone connectivity, and vehicle settings.
b. Digital Instrument Cluster
c. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
d. BMW ConnectedDrive Services
- Safety and Driver-Assistance Systems: The 2021 X3 prioritizes safety and offers advanced driver-assistance systems to enhance occupant protection and improve driving confidence. Some notable features include:
a. Active Driving Assistant: This system includes features like lane departure warning, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, and pedestrian detection. It helps mitigate potential accidents and improves overall safety.
b. Parking Assistance: The X3 can be equipped with Park Distance Control, a rearview camera, and available 360-degree surround-view cameras, making parking and maneuvering in tight spaces easier and safer.
c. Head-Up Display: An available head-up display projects essential driving information onto the windshield, allowing the driver to stay focused on the road without distractions.
Luxury and Comfort: The X3 offers a well-appointed interior with high-quality materials and a spacious cabin. Additional luxury and comfort features may include:
a. Power-adjustable and heated front seats:
b. Panoramic Sunroof
c. Ambient Lighting
d. Premium Audio Systems
What are the different trims available for the 2021 BMW X3
The 2021 BMW X3 was available in several different trims, each offering its own set of features, performance options, and customization possibilities. The exact trims offered can vary depending on the market and regional availability. Here are some of the common trims for the 2021 BMW X3:
- X3 sDrive30i / X3 xDrive30i: These are the base trims of the X3 lineup. The sDrive30i is, rear-wheel drive, while the xDrive30i comes with BMW’s xDrive all-wheel-drive system. They typically come equipped with a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine producing around 248 horsepower.
- X3 xDrive30e: This is, the plug-in hybrid variant of the X3. It features a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine combined with an electric motor for a total power output of around 288 horsepower. It offers the capability to drive on electric power alone for a certain range.
- X3 M40i: The X3 M40i is, a sportier and more performance-oriented trim. It features a more powerful 3,0-liter turbocharged inline-6 engine, delivering approximately 382 horsepower. It comes with the xDrive all-wheel-drive system and sporty enhancements like sport-tuned suspension, M Sport brakes, and specific styling cues.
- X3 M / X3 M Competition: These are the high-performance variants of the X3. The X3 M and X3 M Competition trims feature a specially tuned version of the 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-6 engine, producing 473 horsepower in the standard X3 M and 503 horsepower in the X3 M Competition. They offer sportier styling, enhanced performance capabilities, and track-focused features.
In addition to these primary trims, BMW often offers various optional packages and individual customization options to further personalize the X3. These can include packages like the Convenience Package, Premium Package, Driving Assistance Package, and others, which bundle together specific features and enhancements.
What is, the starting price of the 2021 BMW X3
The starting price of the 2021 BMW X3 can vary depending on the trim level, optional features, and geographic location. However, as a general guideline, the base trim of the 2021 BMW X3, such as the sDrive30i or xDrive30i, had a starting price in the range of approximately $43,000 to $45,000 USD.
2021 bmw x3 anti theft system
The 2021 BMW X3 comes equipped with several security features to help prevent theft and enhance vehicle security. Here are some common features found in BMW models that can contribute to the anti-theft system:
- Engine Immobilizer: BMW vehicles are equipped with an engine immobilizer system that prevents the engine from starting without the correct key or key fob. It uses an electronic security code to communicate between the key and the vehicle, ensuring that only authorized keys can start the engine.
- Keyless Entry with Remote Central Locking: The X3 may offer keyless entry, allowing the driver to lock and unlock the vehicle without physically inserting the key into the lock. The system communicates wirelessly with the key fob, and it usually includes a remote central locking feature, enabling the driver to lock or unlock all doors simultaneously.
- Alarm System: BMW vehicles typically come with an alarm system that activates if unauthorized entry is, detected. The alarm can be triggered by attempting to open a door or the trunk without a proper key or by tampering with the vehicle. When the alarm is, activated, it emits a loud sound and flashes the vehicle’s lights to attract attention.
- Secure Locking: BMW models employ secure locking mechanisms to prevent unauthorized access. These mechanisms may include reinforced door locks, anti-pry technology, and tamper-resistant features.
- Vehicle Tracking and Recovery: BMW offers an optional feature called BMW Assist or BMW ConnectedDrive Services, which can include stolen vehicle tracking and recovery. In the event of theft, the vehicle’s location can be tracked by the authorities, increasing the chances of recovery.
Adaptive cruise control
The 2021 BMW X3 is, available with an adaptive cruise control system, which is, designed to enhance driving comfort and convenience on long highway journeys. BMW refers to its adaptive cruise control system as “Active Cruise Control” (ACC). Here’s an overview of how ACC typically works in the 2021 X3:
ACC uses radar or camera sensors to maintain a set speed and a safe distance from the vehicle ahead. It allows the driver to set a desired cruising speed, as well as a preferred following distance.
The ACC system in the 2021 X3 may include additional features such as:
- Stop & Go Function: This feature allows the ACC system to bring the vehicle to a complete stop if traffic ahead comes to a halt. Once the traffic begins to move again, the system can automatically resume acceleration and follow the vehicle ahead.
- Steering Input: Some ACC systems can assist with steering, helping to keep the vehicle centered within the lane by making minor steering adjustments. However, it’s important to note that the X3’s ACC system may not offer full lane-keeping capabilities, as those are typically provided by a separate feature called Lane Keeping Assist.
- User-Configurable Settings: The X3’s ACC system may offer user-configurable settings, allowing the driver to customize parameters such as the preferred following distance, acceleration/deceleration characteristics, and sensitivity.