2018 Audi A4 is, a luxury compact sedan that was part of Audi’s A4 lineup for that model year. It offers a combination of style, performance, and advanced technology.
2018 Audi A4 Performance
The 2018 Audi A4 offers a strong performance with a range of engine options and advanced technology features. Here are some details about its performance:
Engine Options: The 2018 Audi A4 comes with different engine options, including:
- A. 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4: This engine produces 252 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque. It delivers quick acceleration and responsive power delivery.
- AB. 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 (S4 model): The S4 variant of the A4 features a more powerful engine with 354 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque.
- Transmission: The A4 offers a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission known as Audi’s S tronic. This transmission provides quick and smooth shifts, enhancing the overall driving experience.
- Quattro All-Wheel Drive: The A4 offers Audi’s legendary Quattro all-wheel drive system as standard or optional, depending on the specific trim level. Quattro enhances traction and stability, particularly in adverse weather conditions, and improves overall handling performance.
- Acceleration and Top Speed: The 2018 Audi A4 with the 2.0-liter engine can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in around 5.7 seconds. The top speed is electronically limited to 130 mph (standard) or 155 mph (with an optional package) for most A4 models.
- Driving Dynamics: The A4 offers a well-balanced and sporty driving experience. It features precise steering and a well-tuned suspension that strikes a good balance between comfort and agility.
- Fuel Efficiency: The 2018 Audi A4 offers competitive fuel efficiency for its class. The 2.0-liter engine achieves an EPA-estimated 27 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway, making it a relatively fuel-efficient choice for a luxury sedan.
Trims and Prices
The 2018 Audi A4 was available in several trim levels, each offering different features and price points. Here are the trim levels and starting prices (MSRP) for the 2018 Audi A4:
- A4 Premium: Starting at $36,000
Features include leather upholstery, power-adjustable front seats, tri-zone automatic climate control, a 7-inch infotainment display, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, a rearview camera, and forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking.
- A4 Premium Plus: Starting at $39,200
Adds to or replaces features of the Premium trim and includes LED headlights, a 19-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system, Audi’s Virtual Cockpit digital gauge cluster, keyless entry with push-button start, and a larger 8.3-inch infotainment display.
- A4 Prestige: Starting at $45,500
Builds upon the Premium Plus trim and includes adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, automatic high beams, a head-up display, a surround-view camera system, and Audi’s MMI infotainment system with navigation.
- A4 Ultra: Starting at $36,000
This trim level features a more fuel-efficient powertrain. It comes with a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine tuned for increased fuel efficiency, achieving higher mpg ratings than the standard A4.
- S4 Premium Plus: Starting at $50,900
This performance-oriented trim level includes a more powerful 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 engine, sport-tuned suspension, sport seats with leather/Alcantara upholstery, and other performance enhancements.
- S4 Prestige: Starting at $55,100
Adds to or replaces features of the S4 Premium Plus trim and includes advanced safety features like adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, and a head-up display.
Please note that these prices are the starting prices for each trim level and do not include additional options, packages, taxes, or other fees. Prices may vary depending on the dealership and location.
The 2018 Audi A4 is equipped with a wide range of safety features and advanced technologies to enhance occupant protection and assist the driver in avoiding potential collisions. Here are some notable safety features found in the 2018 Audi A4:
- Audi Pre Sense City. This system uses forward-facing sensors to monitor the road ahead and can detect potential collision hazards with other vehicles or pedestrians. It can provide warnings to the driver and, if necessary, apply automatic emergency braking to mitigate or prevent a collision.
- Rearview Camera. The A4 comes standard with a rearview camera, which assists the driver when maneuvering in reverse.
- Audi Side Assist: This optional feature uses radar sensors to monitor the blind spots alongside the vehicle. It provides visual alerts in the side mirrors if a vehicle is detected in the blind spot, helping the driver make safer lane changes.
- Audi Pre Sense Rear. In the event of an impending rear-end collision, this system can activate precautionary measures to protect the occupants.
- Audi Pre Sense Basic. This safety system detects certain emergency maneuvers, such as hard braking or sudden evasive steering, and can prepare the vehicle and occupants for potential collisions.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Traffic Jam Assist Available as an option, this system combines adaptive cruise control with stop & go functionality.
- Audi Active Lane Assist.This optional feature helps the driver stay within the lane boundaries by providing steering guidance and gentle corrective steering inputs if the vehicle starts to drift out of the lane without signaling.
- Audi Virtual Cockpit. The A4 Prestige trim includes Audi’s Virtual Cockpit, which replaces traditional analog gauges with a customizable digital display.
Cargo Space and Interior Room
The 2018 Audi A4 offers a comfortable and spacious interior with ample cargo space for a sedan of its class. Here are the details regarding the cargo space and interior room in the 2018 Audi A4:
- Passenger Seating: The A4 can comfortably accommodate up to five passengers. Both front and rear seats provide good legroom and headroom, ensuring a comfortable ride for occupants of varying heights.
- Front Headroom: The front headroom in the 2018 Audi A4 measures approximately 38.9 inches.
- Front Legroom: The front legroom offers around 41.3 inches of space, providing ample legroom for the driver and front passenger.
- Rear Headroom: The rear headroom in the A4 provides approximately 37.4 inches of space, ensuring sufficient headroom for rear passengers.
- Rear Legroom: The rear legroom offers around 35.7 inches of space, providing decent legroom for rear-seat passengers.
- Cargo Space: The trunk of the 2018 Audi A4 offers a capacity of 13.0 cubic feet, providing ample room to accommodate luggage, groceries, or other items. The trunk space is well-shaped and can be further expanded by folding down the rear seatbacks to accommodate larger items.
Overall, the 2018 Audi A4 provides a comfortable and spacious interior for both passengers and cargo. The combination of ample seating space and a decent-sized trunk makes it suitable for everyday use, whether it be for commuting or long-distance trips.
Here are some notable technology features available in the 2018 Audi A4:
- Audi Virtual Cockpit. Available in higher trims, the Audi Virtual Cockpit replaces traditional analog gauges with a fully digital 12.3-inch instrument cluster display. It provides customizable views with high-resolution graphics, allowing the driver to access navigation, audio, and other essential information right in their line of sight.
- MMI Infotainment System. The A4 features Audi’s MMI (Multi-Media Interface) infotainment system. It includes a 7-inch or an optional 8.3-inch center display screen positioned in the dashboard. The MMI system provides intuitive controls for accessing various functions such as audio, navigation, phone connectivity, and vehicle settings.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The A4 supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, allowing users to connect their compatible smartphones and access selected apps, make calls, send messages, and stream music directly through the vehicle’s infotainment system.
- Audi Connect. This feature provides connectivity services such as 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, weather information, online traffic updates, fuel prices, and more.
- Audi Smartphone Interface. This feature enables seamless integration of compatible smartphones with the vehicle’s MMI system, providing access to phone functions, music streaming, and compatible apps using the MMI controls and display.
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System. Optional in higher trims, the Bang & Olufsen sound system offers a premium audio experience with 3D sound technology, multiple speakers, and high-quality sound reproduction.
- Audi Advanced Key. Available as an option, the Audi Advanced Key provides keyless entry and push-button start, allowing the driver to lock, unlock, and start the vehicle without having to physically handle the key.
- Parking System Plus. This feature uses front and rear sensors to provide audio and visual alerts, helping the driver navigate tight parking spaces.
The 2018 Audi A4 was offered in several different trim levels, each providing unique features and options. While there wasn’t a specific “Edition” model for the 2018 Audi A4, here are the available trim levels for that model year:
- Premium: The base trim level, offering a range of standard features such as leather upholstery, power-adjustable front seats, tri-zone automatic climate control, a 7-inch infotainment display, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, a rearview camera, and forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking.
- Premium Plus: Building upon the Premium trim, the Premium Plus adds features like LED headlights, a 19-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system, Audi’s Virtual Cockpit digital gauge cluster, keyless entry with push-button start, and an 8.3-inch infotainment display.
- Prestige: The top-tier trim level, the Prestige includes features such as adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, automatic high beams, a head-up display, a surround-view camera system, and Audi’s MMI infotainment system with navigation.
In addition to these trim levels, there were also performance-oriented variants available:
- A4 Ultra: This variant featured a more fuel-efficient powertrain with a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine tuned for increased fuel efficiency.
- S4: The S4 variant of the A4 offered a higher-performance experience with a more powerful 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 engine, sport-tuned suspension, and sport seats with leather/Alcantara upholstery.
It’s worth noting that specific features and options may vary depending on the specific configuration and packages chosen for the 2018 Audi A4.
2018 audi a4 reliability
The 2018 Audi A4 generally has a good reputation for reliability, but it’s important to note that reliability can vary depending on individual experiences and maintenance practices. Here is an overview of reliability factors for the 2018 Audi A4:
- J.D. Power Ratings: In J.D. Power’s 2021 Vehicle Dependability Study, which measures long-term reliability, the 2018 Audi A4 received an above-average rating, with three out of five stars in overall dependability.
- Recalls: Like any vehicle, the 2018 Audi A4 has had some recalls. It’s always important to stay updated with recall information and ensure that any necessary repairs or fixes are promptly addressed by an authorized Audi service center.
- Common Issues: While the 2018 Audi A4 generally has a good reliability record, there have been some reported issues by owners. Some of the common issues reported include electrical problems, such as malfunctioning sensors or infotainment system glitches. It’s worth noting that the severity and frequency of these issues can vary from vehicle to vehicle.
- Regular Maintenance: As with any vehicle, regular maintenance and timely servicing are crucial for keeping the Audi A4 running smoothly and minimizing potential issues. Following the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule and using genuine Audi parts can help ensure the vehicle’s reliability and longevity.
- Warranty: The 2018 Audi A4 came with a limited warranty that covers the vehicle for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. Additionally, Audi offers extended warranty options for added coverage beyond the basic warranty period.
It’s essential to research and consider individual owner reviews, consult professional automotive resources, and schedule a thorough pre-purchase inspection to get a better understanding of the specific vehicle’s condition and maintenance history.
audi a4 avant 2018 dimensions
The 2018 Audi A4 Avant (also known as the Audi A4 Wagon) has the following dimensions:
- Overall Length: 186.8 inches (4748 mm)
- Overall Width (including mirrors): 79.6 inches (2022 mm)
- Overall Width (excluding mirrors): 72.5 inches (1841 mm)
- Overall Height: 56.2 inches (1428 mm)
- Wheelbase: 111.0 inches (2819 mm)
These dimensions apply to the 2018 Audi A4 Avant model. Please note that there can be slight variations depending on specific trim levels and optional equipment.
2018 audi a4 battery location
In the 2018 Audi A4, the battery is, located in the trunk, specifically on the right-hand side. To access the battery, you would need to open the trunk and remove the trunk floor cover or panel on the right-hand side.
Once the cover is removed, you will be able to see the battery and its connections. It’s important to exercise caution and follow proper safety procedures when working with the battery. Such as disconnecting the negative terminal before performing any maintenance or repairs.