2017 Hyundai Sonata is, a solid choice for those seeking a reliable and affordable mid-size sedan. Rewritten Paragraph: Looking for a mid-size sedan that won’t break the bank, but still offers all the bells and whistles? Look no further than the 2017 Hyundai Sonata! With a spacious interior, including ample leg and headroom, you’ll be able to stretch out and relax on long drives.
But the Sonata isn’t just about comfort – the choice of engines means you can opt for a fuel-efficient hybrid or a more powerful turbocharged option. And let’s not forget about the gorgeous exterior, complete with a wide grille and upscale accents that are sure to turn heads. With the 2017 Hyundai Sonata, you’ll be getting a reliable and stylish mid-size sedan that won’t burn a hole in your pocket.
2017 Hyundai Sonata is a midsize sedan that offers a comfortable and stylish driving experience along with a range of modern features. It is part of Hyundai’s Sonata lineup, which has been a popular choice among car buyers for its blend of reliability, value, and performance.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Exterior Design
The 2017 Hyundai Sonata boasts a sleek and contemporary exterior design that showcases Hyundai’s Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design philosophy. It features a harmonious blend of bold lines, refined curves, and aerodynamic elements, giving it a dynamic and sophisticated appearance.
At the front, the Sonata sports a striking chrome hexagonal grille, which is a signature design element of Hyundai vehicles. The grille is flanked by sleek headlights that incorporate available LED daytime running lights. The sculpted hood adds a sense of strength and character to the front fascia.
Moving along the sides, the Sonata’s profile is characterized by flowing lines that create a sense of motion even when the car is stationary. The roofline gently slopes towards the rear, enhancing the car’s aerodynamic efficiency while maintaining ample headroom for passengers. The Sonata’s sleek body lines are complemented by stylish alloy wheels, available in various sizes and designs, depending on the trim level.
The rear of the 2017 Sonata features a streamlined and clean design. The taillights are seamlessly integrated into the body, and their unique LED design adds a touch of sophistication. The Sonata’s trunk lid has a subtle spoiler integrated into its design, enhancing the car’s sporty appeal. Dual chrome exhaust tips and a rear diffuser contribute to the Sonata’s sporty aesthetic.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Interior Design
The 2017 Hyundai Sonata offers an inviting and well-crafted interior that combines comfort, functionality, and modern design elements. The cabin is spacious and thoughtfully designed, focusing on both driver and passenger comfort.
The materials used in the Sonata’s interior are of high quality, giving it a premium feel. Soft-touch surfaces, refined trim accents, and available leather upholstery contribute to the overall upscale ambiance. The attention to detail is evident in the fit and finish of the interior components.
The layout of the dashboard is driver-oriented, ensuring that controls and information are easily accessible. The center stack houses the infotainment system, which can vary depending on the trim level. It may feature a touchscreen display, providing intuitive access to audio, navigation, and connectivity functions. The placement of physical buttons and knobs is well-thought-out, allowing for straightforward operation of various vehicle systems.
The seating in the Sonata is comfortable and supportive for both front and rear passengers. The driver and front passenger seats typically offer multiple power adjustments, including lumbar support, for personalized comfort. Rear-seat legroom is generous, providing ample space for adult passengers to sit comfortably on longer journeys. Additionally, the rear seats can be folded down in a 60/40 split configuration, allowing for increased cargo-carrying flexibility when needed.
The Sonata also focuses on providing a quiet and serene driving experience. Extensive insulation and noise-reducing technologies help to minimize road and wind noise, enhancing the overall comfort for occupants.
In terms of storage and convenience, the Sonata offers well-designed compartments and pockets throughout the cabin. The center console provides a storage compartment for personal items, while door pockets and cup holders accommodate smaller items and beverages. The trunk space is also commendable, offering ample room for luggage and other cargo.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Performance and Engine Options
The 2017 Hyundai Sonata offers a range of engine options to suit different driving preferences and performance needs. Let’s explore the available engines and the performance they deliver:
- 2.4-liter Inline-4 Engine: The base engine is a 2.4-liter inline-4 that produces 185 horsepower and 178 lb-ft of torque. This engine provides a good balance of power and fuel efficiency, making it suitable for daily commuting and highway driving.
- 2.0-liter Turbocharged Inline-4 Engine: For those seeking more spirited performance, the Sonata offers an available 2,0-liter turbocharged inline4 engine. It generates 245 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque, delivering a noticeable increase in power compared to the base engine. The turbocharged engine is also paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, although a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission is available as an option. This engine provides a more engaging driving experience and quicker acceleration.
- Hybrid Powertrain: The Sonata is also available in a hybrid variant. Hybrid powertrain combines a 2,0-liter gasoline engine with an electric motor, resulting in a total system output of 193 horsepower. The Sonata Hybrid offers impressive fuel efficiency, making it a great choice for those looking to maximize their fuel savings.
Regardless of the engine choice, the 2017 Sonata delivers a smooth and refined driving experience. It offers responsive handling, with well-tuned suspension that strikes a balance between comfort and sportiness. The Sonata’s ride quality is generally comfortable, absorbing bumps and road imperfections with ease.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Safety Features
The 2017 Hyundai Sonata is equipped with a comprehensive set of safety features designed to prioritize the protection of its occupants. Let’s explore some of the key safety features that are available in the Sonata:
- Advanced Airbag System: The Sonata comes with a front advanced airbag system that includes dual front airbags, front seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and roof-mounted side curtain airbags.
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC): ESC is a standard safety feature that helps the driver maintain control of the vehicle during challenging driving conditions or emergency maneuvers.
- Traction Control System (TCS): TCS works in conjunction with ESC to prevent wheel spin and enhance traction during acceleration. It selectively applies brakes and reduces engine power to the wheels that are losing traction, helping the Sonata maintain stability and control on slippery surfaces.
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS): The Sonata is equipped with an ABS that helps prevent wheel lock-up during hard braking.
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD): Available as an option on select trims, BSD uses radar sensors to detect vehicles in the Sonata’s blind spots. It provides visual and audible alerts to the driver when a vehicle is detected, helping to reduce the risk of lane-change collisions.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): LDW utilizes a camera mounted near the rearview mirror to monitor lane markings. If the Sonata begins to drift out of its lane without the turn signal engaged, the system alerts the driver with audible and visual warnings.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB): Available on certain trims, this system uses radar and camera technology to detect potential frontal collisions.
- Rearview Camera: The Sonata is typically equipped with a rearview camera, providing a clear view of the area behind the vehicle when in reverse.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Technology and Infotainment
The 2017 Hyundai Sonata offers a range of technology and infotainment features to enhance the driving experience and keep occupants connected and entertained. Let’s explore some of the key technology offerings in the Sonata:
- Infotainment System: The Sonata typically comes equipped with a touchscreen infotainment system located in the center stack. The size and features of the system may vary depending on the trim level. It provides intuitive access to various functions such as audio controls, Bluetooth connectivity, and available navigation.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: Many 2017 Sonata models offer support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, allowing seamless integration of compatible smartphones. This feature enables easy access to smartphone apps, navigation, messaging, and music through the vehicle’s infotainment system.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: The Sonata comes with Bluetooth hands-free phone system as a standard feature. It allows for wireless connection of compatible devices, enabling hands-free calling and audio streaming.
- USB and Auxiliary Ports: The Sonata typically provides USB and auxiliary input ports, allowing passengers to connect their devices and play audio or charge their devices while on the go.
- Available Navigation System: Depending on the trim level, the Sonata may offer an integrated navigation system. This feature provides turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and points of interest, enhancing convenience and ensuring drivers reach their destinations efficiently.
- Available Infinity Premium Audio System: Some Sonata trims offer an available Infinity premium audio system.
- Proximity Key with Push-Button Start: The Sonata may feature a proximity key with push-button start.
- Available Wireless Charging: Higher trim levels of the Sonata may offer an available wireless charging pad. This feature allows compatible smartphones to charge wirelessly by simply placing them on the charging pad.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Fuel Efficiency and Environmental Friendliness
The 2017 Hyundai Sonata offers competitive fuel efficiency and incorporates features aimed at reducing environmental impact. Let’s explore the fuel efficiency and environmental friendliness aspects of the Sonata:
The fuel efficiency of the 2017 Sonata varies depending on the engine and transmission options. Here are the estimated EPA fuel economy ratings for the different engine choices:
- 2.4-liter Inline-4 Engine: The base engine of the Sonata delivers respectable fuel efficiency. It typically achieves an estimated 25-26 MPG in city driving and around 35-36 MPG on the highway.
- 2.0-liter Turbocharged Inline-4 Engine: The turbocharged engine offers more power but slightly lower fuel efficiency compared to the base engine.
- Hybrid Powertrain: The Sonata Hybrid variant delivers impressive fuel efficiency. The estimated EPA ratings for the hybrid powertrain are approximately 39-40 MPG in city driving and 45-46 MPG on the highway.
In addition to fuel efficiency, the Sonata incorporates several features aimed at reducing environmental impact:
- Sonata Hybrid: The Sonata Hybrid variant stands out in terms of environmental friendliness due to its hybrid powertrain. By combining a gasoline engine with an electric motor, the Sonata Hybrid reduces fuel consumption and emissions, making it a greener choice.
- ECO Driving Mode: The Sonata offers an ECO driving mode that allows drivers to optimize fuel efficiency by adjusting throttle response and transmission mapping. T
- Idle Stop/Start Technology: Some Sonata trims may feature idle stop/start technology, which automatically shuts off the engine when the vehicle comes to a stop and restarts it when the driver releases the brake pedal.
- Lightweight Materials: Hyundai has incorporated lightweight materials in the Sonata’s construction to improve fuel efficiency.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Pricing and Trim Levels
The 2017 Hyundai Sonata was available in several trim levels, each offering different features and options. The pricing of the Sonata varied based on the trim level and optional packages selected.
- Sonata SE: The SE trim was the base model of the 2017 Sonata lineup. It typically featured a 2.4-liter inline-4 engine, cloth upholstery, a rearview camera, Bluetooth connectivity, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, and more. Starting price for the Sonata SE was around $21,950.
- Sonata Eco: The Sonata Eco trim was designed to prioritize fuel efficiency. It typically featured a 1.6-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine, a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, LED daytime running lights, and other eco-friendly features. The starting price for the Sonata Eco was around $23,125.
- Sonata Sport: The Sport trim added sporty styling elements and additional features to the Sonata. It typically featured 17-inch alloy wheels, a sport-tuned suspension, leather-wrapped steering wheel, heated front seats, and other enhancements. The starting price for the Sonata Sport was around $23,400.
- Sonata Limited: The Limited trim offered a more luxurious experience with premium features. It typically featured leather upholstery, heated and ventilated front seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, a larger 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, and additional safety features. The starting price for the Sonata Limited was around $27,150.
- Sonata Sport 2.0T: The Sport 2.0T trim focused on performance with its 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine. It typically featured 18-inch alloy wheels, sport seats, a sport-tuned suspension, and other sport-oriented features. The starting price for the Sonata Sport 2.0T was around $26,600.
- Sonata Limited 2.0T: The Limited 2.0T trim combined luxury and performance. It typically included features from the Limited trim while adding the more powerful 2.0-liter turbocharged engine. The starting price for the Sonata Limited 2.0T was around $34,075.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Customer Reviews and Reliability
The 2017 Hyundai Sonata has received generally positive reviews from customers and has a reputation for reliability. Here are some key points based on customer feedback and reliability data:
- Comfort and Space: Many customers appreciate the Sonata’s comfortable and spacious interior, particularly the supportive seating and ample legroom in both the front and rear seats.
- Smooth Ride: The Sonata is often praised for its smooth and comfortable ride quality. It absorbs road imperfections well, providing a pleasant driving experience, especially on long journeys.
- Modern Technology: Customers appreciate the Sonata’s modern technology features, including the touchscreen infotainment system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, and available safety features such as blind-spot monitoring and automatic emergency braking.
- Fuel Efficiency: The Sonata receives positive feedback for its fuel efficiency, particularly with the hybrid powertrain option. Customers appreciate its ability to deliver good gas mileage and help save on fuel costs.
Hyundai, as a brand, has made significant strides in reliability over the years, and the Sonata has a reputation for being a reliable midsize sedan.
Here are some reliability factors to consider:
- J.D. Power: The 2017 Hyundai Sonata received a predicted reliability rating of “Better Than Most” from J.D. Power, indicating its favorable reliability performance compared to other vehicles in its class.
- Recalls: Like any vehicle, the 2017 Sonata has had some recalls for specific issues. It’s always advisable to check with a Hyundai dealership or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for any open recalls and ensure they have been addressed.
- Warranty: Hyundai offers a generous warranty package for the Sonata, including a 5-year/60,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty and a 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty. This warranty coverage can provide peace of mind to owners.
The 2017 Hyundai Sonata is a midsize sedan that offers a comfortable and spacious interior, a smooth ride, and a range of technology features to enhance the driving experience. With its various trim levels, engine options, and available safety features, the Sonata provides versatility to suit different preferences and needs.
The Sonata’s exterior design is sleek and stylish, with attention to aerodynamics and a modern appeal. Inside, the interior is well-crafted and offers ample space for both passengers and cargo, making it suitable for everyday commuting or longer road trips.
In terms of performance, the Sonata offers a choice of engines, including a base 2.4-liter inline-4, a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine, and a hybrid powertrain. These engines deliver a balance of power and fuel efficiency, allowing drivers to choose the level of performance that suits their preferences.
The Sonata incorporates advanced safety features to prioritize occupant protection, including airbags, stability control, available blind-spot detection, and forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking, among others. These features contribute to the Sonata’s strong safety ratings and provide peace of mind on the road.
In terms of technology and infotainment, the Sonata offers features such as an infotainment system with available Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, Bluetooth connectivity, and optional navigation. Higher trim levels may also include premium audio systems and wireless charging.