2017 Audi A5 is, a luxury coupe that was first introduced in 2007 and received a facelift for the 2017 model year. It is available in two-door coupe and convertible body styles, and it features a sleek, sporty exterior design and a comfortable, upscale interior.
Under the hood, the 2017 Audi A5 comes with a choice of two engines. Base engine is, a turbocharged 2,0-liter four-cylinder that produces 220 horsepower & 258 pound-feet of torque. Engine is, paired with a six-speed manual transmission or an eight speed automatic transmission. The optional engine is a supercharged 3,0-liter V6 that produces 333 horsepower & 325 pound feet of torque. This engine is only available with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Standard features on the 2017 Audi A5 include leather upholstery, a panoramic sunroof, tri-zone automatic climate control, and a 10-speaker audio system. Optional features include a Bang & Olufsen sound system, navigation, adaptive cruise control, and a rearview camera.
Overall, the 2017 Audi A5 is a stylish and well-equipped luxury coupe that offers a balance of performance and comfort. However, it may not be the best choice for those who prioritize practicality, as the back seat and trunk are relatively small compared to other vehicles in its class.
2017 Audi A5 Performance
The 2017 Audi A5 offers respectable performance capabilities, especially in its higher-performance variants. Let’s take a closer look at its performance features:
Engine Options: The 2017 Audi A5 offers two engine options:
a. 2.0-liter Turbocharged Four-Cylinder: This base engine generates 220 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. It provides a good balance of power and fuel efficiency.
b. 3.0-liter Supercharged V6: This engine is available in the high-performance S5 model. It delivers 333 horsepower and 325 lb-ft of torque, offering stronger acceleration and a more exhilarating driving experience.
Transmission Options: The 2017 A5 comes with a choice of transmissions:
a. Six-Speed Manual: The standard transmission option for the A5 is, a six-speed manual gearbox, which provides direct and engaging shifting for those who enjoy a more involved driving experience.
b. Eight-Speed Automatic: An eight-speed automatic transmission is, available as an option. It offers smooth shifts and is, well-suited for daily driving.
Quattro All-Wheel Drive: The A5 comes standard with Audi’s Quattro all-wheel drive system. This system enhances the car’s traction, stability, and handling, particularly in adverse weather conditions or spirited driving scenarios.
Performance Enhancements (S5 Model): If you opt for the S5 variant, you’ll benefit from additional performance features, including:
a. Sport-Tuned Suspension: The S5 features a sport-tuned suspension system that enhances handling and cornering abilities.
b. Upgraded Brakes: The S5 comes with larger brakes for improved stopping power and performance.
c. Drive Select Modes: The S5 offers selectable drive modes that adjust settings for the engine, transmission, steering, and suspension to suit your preferences and driving conditions.
Overall, the 2017 Audi A5 provides a good balance of power, handling, and refinement. Its performance can be further enhanced if you choose the higher-performance S5 model, which delivers more power and sport-focused features.
The 2017 Audi A5 is, equipped with various safety features and technologies to provide a secure driving experience. Here are some of the key safety features available in the 2017 Audi A5:
- Advanced Airbag System: The A5 includes a comprehensive airbag system, including front airbags, side airbags, and side curtain airbags, to provide protection to occupants in the event of a collision.
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC): ESC helps maintain vehicle stability by monitoring wheel speed, steering input, and other factors.
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS): The ABS prevents wheel lock-up during emergency braking, allowing the driver to maintain steering control while reducing stopping distances.
- Traction Control System (TCS): TCS helps prevent wheel spin during acceleration on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Brake Assist (BA): BA is, designed to recognize emergency braking situations and provide additional braking force if needed to help reduce stopping distances.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): This system monitors the tire pressure and alerts the driver if any tire is, significantly underinflated, helping to prevent tire-related issues and potential accidents.
- Audi Pre Sense Basic: This system prepares the vehicle for an impending collision by tightening seat belts, closing windows and the sunroof, and activating the hazard lights, helping to minimize the impact of a crash.
- Audi Pre Sense City: This system uses forward-facing sensors to detect potential collisions with vehicles or pedestrians at speeds up to 52 mph (84 km/h).
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop & Go: ACC maintains a set distance from the vehicle ahead and can automatically adjust the speed to match traffic conditions.
- Rearview Camera: The A5 may come equipped with a rearview camera that assists the driver when reversing and parking by providing a clear view of the area behind the vehicle.
2017 Audi A5 Cargo Space and Interior Room
The 2017 Audi A5 is, a luxury coupe that offers a stylish and comfortable interior, although its cargo space and interior room are somewhat limited compared to larger vehicles or SUVs. Here are the details regarding cargo space and interior room in the 2017 Audi A5:
- Seating Capacity: The Audi A5 can comfortably accommodate up to four passengers. It features two front seats and two rear seats.
- Front Seat Dimensions: The front seats offer ample legroom and headroom for most adults, providing a comfortable seating position.
- Rear Seat Dimensions: The rear seats are designed to comfortably accommodate two passengers. However, the available legroom and headroom might be slightly limited for taller individuals, especially in the coupe version, due to the car’s sloping roofline.
- Cargo Space: The Audi A5’s cargo capacity is, modest, as is common for coupes. The coupe version offers a trunk capacity of approximately 12.2 cubic feet (345 liters). The convertible version, due to its retractable soft-top mechanism, has a smaller trunk capacity of about 10.2 cubic feet (289 liters) with the top up, and it reduces further when the top is, down.
- Folding Rear Seats: The A5 features a 60/40 split-folding rear seatback, allowing for increased cargo flexibility. When the rear seats are folded down, it provides additional space for longer items or larger loads.
It’s important to note that while the 2017 Audi A5 may not offer as much interior room or cargo space as larger vehicles, it still provides enough space for everyday use and shorter trips. If you require more cargo space or passenger capacity, you may want to consider an Audi A5 Sportback or an Audi SUV model, which offer greater practicality in terms of cargo and passenger room.
The 2017 Audi A5 comes with a range of technology features and infotainment options to enhance the driving experience. Here are some notable technology features available in the 2017 Audi A5:
- MMI Infotainment System: The A5 is, equipped with Audi’s Multi Media Interface (MMI) infotainment system. It includes a 7-inch color display screen positioned on the center console, which provides access to various vehicle settings, audio controls, and navigation functions.
- Audi Virtual Cockpit: This available feature replaces the traditional instrument cluster with a 12.3-inch customizable digital display.
- Audi Connect: The A5 offers Audi Connect, a subscription-based service that provides features like Google Earth integration, real-time traffic information, weather updates, and access to online services. It also includes a Wi-Fi hotspot for connectivity on the go.
- Navigation System: The A5 offers an optional navigation system with 3D maps and voice control. It provides turn-by-turn directions and helps you navigate to your desired destinations efficiently.
- Smartphone Integration: The A5 supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, allowing you to connect your compatible smartphone to access apps, make calls, send messages, and control music directly from the infotainment system.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Bluetooth connectivity enables hands-free calling and wireless audio streaming, allowing you to connect your phone to the car’s audio system.
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System: An available upgrade is, the Bang & Olufsen premium sound system, which offers exceptional audio quality with 14 speakers and 505 watts of power.
- Audi Drive Select: This feature allows the driver to choose between different driving modes that adjust various vehicle settings, including throttle response, steering weight, and suspension settings, to suit personal preferences or road conditions.
- Parking Assist: The A5 can be equipped with front and rear parking sensors, along with a rearview camera, to assist with parking and maneuvering in tight spaces.
Trims and Prices
The 2017 Audi A5 was available in three main trim levels: Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige. Each trim level offered different features & options. Here are the starting prices (MSRP) for the 2017 Audi A5 trims:
- Audi A5 Premium:
Coupe: Starting at $41,200
Convertible: Starting at $48,600
- Audi A5 Premium Plus:
Coupe: Starting at $43,300
Convertible: Starting at $50,700
- Audi A5 Prestige:
Coupe: Starting at $50,000
Convertible: Starting at $57,400
It’s important to note that these prices are approximate and may vary depending on additional options, packages, and dealership location. Also, these prices do not include taxes, fees, or other charges.
The higher trim levels, such as the Premium Plus and Prestige, offer more advanced features and technology enhancements. Some available options across the trims included advanced safety features, upgraded audio systems, adaptive cruise control, and upgraded interior materials.
2017 Audi A5 Edition
The 2017 Audi A5 was offered in various special edition models that provided unique features and styling elements. Here are a few notable editions of the 2017 Audi A5:
- Black Edition: The Black Edition added black exterior trim elements, including the grille surround, side mirrors, window surrounds, and rear diffuser. It also featured exclusive 19-inch alloy wheels with a black finish.
- Competition Package: The Competition Package was available for the S5 variant of the A5. It included sporty enhancements such as 20-inch alloy wheels, red brake calipers, a flat-bottom steering wheel, sport seats, and sport suspension.
- Sport Plus Edition: The Sport Plus Edition brought sporty elements to the A5, including sport seats with leather/Alcantara upholstery, a flat-bottom steering wheel, black exterior trim accents, and 19-inch alloy wheels.
- S line Competition Plus: This edition added a sporty S line exterior body kit, 19-inch alloy wheels, black exterior mirror housings, rear privacy glass, and various interior trim upgrades.
These special editions typically offered a combination of visual enhancements, performance features, and unique styling cues to provide a more distinctive and personalized driving experience.
It’s important to note that the availability of these editions may vary based on the market and specific region, so it’s recommended to consult with your local Audi dealership or the Audi website to check which special editions were available in your area for the 2017 Audi A5.
2017 Audi A5 Reliability
The reliability of a vehicle can depend on various factors, including maintenance, driving conditions, and individual experiences. However, I can provide you with some information on the general reliability of the 2017 Audi A5 based on available data and expert reviews.
The 2017 Audi A5 generally received positive reviews for its build quality, performance, and driving experience. Audi is known for producing vehicles with high-quality materials and craftsmanship, and the A5 is no exception. However, it’s worth noting that some owners have reported occasional issues with electronic components or minor mechanical problems.
In terms of reliability ratings, the 2017 Audi A5 received an average reliability score from sources like J.D. Power. It’s important to keep in mind that reliability ratings can vary, and individual experiences may differ.
To ensure the best reliability and longevity for any vehicle, regular maintenance and timely servicing are crucial. Following the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule and addressing any issues promptly can help minimize the chances of major problems.
If you’re considering purchasing a used 2017 Audi A5, it’s advisable to have a pre-purchase inspection performed by a trusted mechanic. This inspection can provide valuable insights into the vehicle’s condition and help identify any potential issues.
Ultimately, while the 2017 Audi A5 generally offers a satisfying ownership experience, it’s recommended to gather as much information as possible and conduct thorough research specific to the vehicle’s history, maintenance records, and individual circumstances before making a purchase decision.
2017 Audi A5 Dimensions
Here are the dimensions of the 2017 Audi A5:
- Overall Length: 182.1 inches (4,626 mm)
- Overall Width: 73.0 inches (1,854 mm)
- Overall Height: 54.0 inches (1,372 mm)
- Wheelbase: 108.3 inches (2,751 mm)
- Front Track: 62.5 inches (1,587 mm)
- Rear Track: 61.7 inches (1,567 mm)
Please note that these dimensions are approximate and can vary slightly depending on the specific model and configuration of the 2017 Audi A5.
2017 audi a3 apple carplay
Starting from the 2017 model year, the Audi A3 offered Apple CarPlay integration as a standard feature. With Apple CarPlay, you can connect your compatible iPhone to the car’s infotainment system and access various apps, functions, and features through the car’s display. Apple CarPlay allows you to make hands-free phone calls, send and receive messages, listen to music, use navigation apps, and more, all while keeping your focus on the road.
By connecting your iPhone to the A3’s USB port, you can seamlessly access and control your iPhone’s features using the car’s controls or voice commands. It provides a convenient and integrated experience for iPhone users in the 2017 Audi A3.